PCS Awards - An idea

  • By a result of some events, We had acrossed some misunderstanding, which has lead to creating this topic. However I still stand still with the idea, coz It's simply good.


    However, as I said, there must be some changes applied, otherwise this year's awards might actually never happen, because they wouldn't matter.


    I've talked with Paset about a new voting system for upcoming PCS awards and here's what We came up with.

    The entire process would have 4 phases.


    Phase 1.


    -> Mangment in some special topic would discuss which categories are going to be in the PCS Awards. Wether they're going to decide on using old categories or come up with some new ideas, it would be entirely up to them.
    -> Once the categories are set, We move to..


    Phase 2.'


    -> Admin would create a totally new forum called PCS Awards 2017 that would be visible to all PCS members.
    -> Admin/Moderator would create a topic for each category inside the forum.
    -> In each topic, every member of PCS would be able to propose between 1 to 5 candidats that in his opinion are the one's that should be considered for a category win.
    ~ The topic should be STRICTLY moderated. Inside of those topics should be just posts with names/nicks and nothing more. No discussion, no arguments, no flames, just posts with names. Simply delete everything else
    ~ You could say that people could just make more accounts and vote like that. NO. It wouldn't work like that. Once votes starts, every post made with account made AFTER or in the same day as the voting started WOULDN'T COUNT.

    -> Once making propositions ends, we move to quick and small...


    Phase 3.


    -> One responsible guy would have to sit and count down all the propositions and then pick 5/6 propositions that had the most votes.
    -> Managment (by that i mean not only Andrez, but also entire managment) would agree on 7 or 9 or 11 people. Those people would have to be active in the both forum and game, so they know everything going on around the site. [As of my propostions right now (for 11 candidates) 1) Andrez 2) Milriko 3) Lord 4) Paset 5) st0rm 6) skrillex 7) szoks 8) me 9) Noctis 10) Chrome or United 11) Pardon - the list of cours can be bigger or shorten, these are just my propositions.]
    ~ We could create a special group called PCS Voters (or something like that, It doesn't matter), they would have acces to PCS management AWARDS forum, just for the voting time, then it would be removed.
    -> Once we pick those people we move to...


    Phase 4.


    -> The voters we picked would have to vote in every category.
    Here's some Quick guideline.
    1) You can't vote for yourself
    2) You only have 1 vote in each category
    3) You have to explain why you picked someone in the topic, it doesn't have to be an essay, 2-3 small sentences on why you decided to pick this one particular guy.
    4) You have to vote in every category.
    5) Try to be as objective as possible
    6) Don't guide yourself with stuff like "I don't like this guy" or shit like that.

    -> The vote ends, We have the winners, Yay!


    Of cours, there are lot of things that need to be discussed in order to make everything work fair and properly. We would probably also have to rework all the categories, so they're simply better than before.


    I was also thinking on creating small logotypes/banners/signatures for every winner so he could wear it in his profile untill next PCS awards edition comes.


    What do you think?

  • I only have one vote and it's the same as the rest of the management. Your topic is based on a wrong idea. Anyways pcs awards is organized by cosmo. My main influence on it is to generate tournaments that can be used as statictis in order to decide. My main idea is to get it in a more objective way and no more subjectivity. This will avoid fake awards like toxic as best European player.

  • [mention]Andréz[/mention] Lmao, that's the reason why i've come up with this topic to reorganize pcs awards voting system so its more fair, more reliable and more objective.


    That's why the people who would vote in the end would be the most active people both in tourneys, forum and ingame so they would have the best knowledge over situation. It's just a basic idea, everything can be discussed through. I understand its cosmo thing, he can still be the head of everything, running phases, keeping dates, creating topics, im not taking away this from him, but cosmo has no idea whats going on in game, he visit forum couple times a week to check sth and hes gone, he isnt a player anymore, hes just a guy involved with cs2d community on HA position. People who are the most active should be the one to pick winners, in my opinion.

  • Andréz post_id=82203 time=1503965672 user_id=648 wrote:


    I only have one vote and it's the same as the rest of the management.


    Well, more than the half of pcs management is inactive :-/ .

  • Hello, now i read your whole post.


    Please delete your first thing since it's 100% invalid to say i planned that.


    Apart from that, your idea is interesting, the only noisy thing to me is who's gonna be the Voters :-|

  • Andréz post_id=82213 time=1503977060 user_id=648 wrote:


    Apart from that, your idea is interesting, the only noisy thing to me is who's gonna be the Voters :-|


    1) Andrez 2) Milriko 3) Lord 4) Paset 5) st0rm 6) skrillex 7) szoks 8) me 9) Noctis 10) Chrome or United 11) Pardon


    Suggest some bro, it´s open topic.

  • Anyways, i don't like this malicious activity by Paset to tell you fake news/unverified information about me planning to do that, i will hope that it was a misunderstanding between him and me. [mention]Kontradmiral[/mention], I personally hope you can say you're sorry for your of spreading fake news because i feel personally attacked with no good reason. I know it's not your fault to be manipulated but This will allow me to have a good relationship with you and keep working on a better PCS.
    You should ask things before coming to conclusions. Guess why Paset was mad? because i told him i wouldnt vote for him in PCS Awards until he deserves it... i know he didn't like that, and i guess that i shouldn't announce who im voting or not until PCS Awards come.
    To [mention]Paset[/mention] : ask me better about my "future plans" instead of backstabbing me with your own assumptions. I can understand we had a messy conversation when were drinking some wine lol, so i wont make it a big deal, just consult me better.


    It's fun to me Kontradmiral, you told me you liked about me the fact that people cant get easily in my head...
    It seems that you can be "easily" influenced, it was so easy for Paset to light a fire out of you (just read shoutbox)...


    Now on topic.
    Im not so sure about people outside of the management. The thing with that, being PCS members, we're forced to be objective.
    There are no risks for the outsiders to vote whatever they want in a biased way. I'd like to know [mention]chrome[/mention] 's opinion about this.


    Anyways, voting for PCS Awards should be based on tournament perfomance only, and you can see that in Cup awards and in archive.


    Until last week i was coming with some ideas to change the old system:


    -Votes only count by comments, no more POLLS (i have always figured out some people self voting etc)
    - No more 2 or 3 options to vote at the same time... for example this would always lead to some weird draws because a person would vote 2 or 3 candidates at the same time
    -No more contradictory awards.
    - NO MORE RIGGED.


    Like i said, i wont filter my words. I hate unfairness. I can say that the award for toxic was rigged.


    So yes it's correct to get a better Voting system.
    We can work on this.

  • st0rm post_id=82217 time=1503985182 user_id=479 wrote:


    Hahahahahah




    Our great admin at his finest


    storm i was replying to this completely FAKE news


    (...) come across the news that this year awards are going to be picked exclusively by our PCS Admin, Andrez. I disagree with it. I'm not saying that old PCS award vote would work this time, because 7 out of 12 managment voters are inactive, which would cause them to vote for a name, not how It actually should be, which is fair. One Person cannot be a judge in the competition and He cannot pick all things by himself. It can be easly influenced and will not be respected at all, by anyone. I don't know what is your goal Andrez, if u just want to keep getting more hate, then yeah, that's the road u should definitely stay on."



    And i had only time to reply this:


    Quote

    I only have one vote and it's the same as the rest of the management. Your topic is based on a wrong idea. Anyways pcs awards is organized by cosmo. My main influence on it is to generate tournaments that can be used as statictis in order to decide. My main idea is to get it in a more objective way and no more subjectivity. This will avoid fake awards like toxic as best European player.


    Forgive me for READING AND REPLYING what i can even in the middle of an University Class.
    Then i came home and replied in a very detailed way.
    I see no problem in my honesty and hard work.
    Actually, im getting stressed for dealing with this shit, good job guys. So i ask you all a favor, do not create conflicts for me with untrue gossips.


    I dont think it's good to get Cosmo out of it, i mean, he always did a lot of work by creating the topics, pms about nominees ,etc.
    Or atleast not without asking him, i mean, if he's not active, he should be able to recognize that by himself, and pull off only if he wants.
    It's PCS Awards and he's main face of PCS.

  • Andréz post_id=82213 time=1503977060 user_id=648 wrote:


    Hello, now i read your whole post.


    Please delete your first thing since it's 100% invalid to say i planned that.


    Apart from that, your idea is interesting, the only noisy thing to me is who's gonna be the Voters :-|


    I changed the 1st part of the topic, however let's move to other things you typed...


    Also what's wrong with people I proposed? It's bad, because there's skrillex and st0rm? You keep saying that You're objective as an admin, yet this whole thing with switch script or some other cheating accusations which are going on around the community, only shows that you're not objective and personally attached to everything by exaggerating and abusing your rights. I am far, far, far, far, far, far more active than you and as it seems more objective and fair, and I pretty much know everything going on in this game. I picked the most active and involved people with PCS right now, who are part of almost every tournament, involve themselves with PCS threads and are aware of clans situations.
    Pardon me, but I sadly couldn't pick any of those favorized by you Brasillians, since none of them is involved with PCS and srg doesn't even know what's going on in cs2d apart from AM clans. You shouldn't even be on the list, but I put, because I know, if I didn't, You'd completely and utterly disliked the list I proposed.


    This post (Your first).
    [spoil]

    Andréz post_id=82203 time=1503965672 user_id=648 wrote:


    I only have one vote and it's the same as the rest of the management. Your topic is based on a wrong idea. Anyways pcs awards is organized by cosmo. My main influence on it is to generate tournaments that can be used as statictis in order to decide. My main idea is to get it in a more objective way and no more subjectivity. This will avoid fake awards like toxic as best European player.


    [/spoil]
    I thought, at first, that You read my post and completely ignored it, when You didnt even read anything. I also demand apology from you, becasue that's some straight forward ignorance. This post is an utter crap, if You read only 2 sentences, you should have waited till you're able to read the whole thing, so there's no shitposting here, which you're causing.


    This post (your third)
    [spoil]

    [/spoil]


    Why so much color? Jesus, lmao.


    1) the unvierified informations, as you called them, didn't come exactly from Paset and since you've brought up his name anyway, I'm pretty sure You used other word to paset which is "pick" not "vote". I had my own conclusion from your stupid post in exxalted topic, which is a total bullshit. You typed it in a tone, which could indicate that if you say so, they will win it, like You have more power overy everything than You actually have. I wasn't manipulated at all and I'm pretty sure You're lying right now. How can I trust you anyway? What makes your word more trustworthy than Paset word is? Hmm? We never were really friends Andrez, so don't pretend like we were. We didn't even like each other very much, so really, don't expect from me to lick your butt. I'll never do it.


    I will say sorry, if You apologize to me about your ignorant first post, which was also out of any conclusion.


    2) You said, You're not sure about the voting system. Why the heck you say it's a good idea to just say it's a bad idea in another post? Jesus. That's some good point forward logic, I admit.
    My idea has phases. Simple as that.
    By letting everyone propose their candidates, we create an illusion that all of them has an influence over PCS Awards. Every time of year, people are moaning that the awards are rigged. This time we would completely avoid it. They only make propositions. Moderators job would be to monitore all the posts and if there's a guy with an account made in 2012, with 1 post, with some random name, out of a sudden adding some random 5 propositions to some category, just delete the post and ban/warn the user. It's not hard, I'm pretty sure [mention]Noctis[/mention] would 100% be capable of handling the matter of strictly moderating the PCS Awards forum and all the topics with propositions.


    About the people actually voting for the winners, I already explained above, no need to repeat everything. The people as you called them "outside" the managment which are basically Lord, st0rm, skrillex, me and Pardon, I'm pretty convinced we would vote fairly. I dont like lord, but I'm pretty sure he would be fair and objective in this. Skrillex also deserves to be in this, since he's been one of the most active players in the last year on the scene, same goes to st0rm, me and pardon.


    Voting for awards should technically be based only on tournament performances, but let's face it. It basically never was and never will be. Why? Because there's always been A LOT of people who are inactive inside the managment and they were voting for "names". Again, that's the reason why I've come with this idea. Why am i having a feeling that You're not reading everything I type... and then u demand an apology from me and you do the same and dont read carefully what I type.


    About your rules... read my post again, I even created a quick guideline that is pretty much what you suggested in your post. Yet again, der Andrez not reading my post and demanding an apology. Intersting.


    this post
    [spoil]


    [/spoil]


    I has already expressed my opinion towards your ignorance to my posts, so I'm not gonna mention it again.


    Because, You clearly didn't read what I type (again, der ignorance strikes back), I said that Cosmo WOULDN'T BE OUT OF IT!!!
    I explained everything with cosmo in this:


    Kontradmiral post_id=82204 time=1503966659 user_id=1043 wrote:


    (...)I understand its cosmo thing, he can still be the head of everything, running phases, keeping dates, creating topics, im not taking away this from him, but cosmo has no idea whats going on in game, he visit forum couple times a week to check sth and hes gone, he isnt a player anymore, hes just a guy involved with cs2d community on HA position. People who are the most active should be the one to pick winners, in my opinion.


    ANything more I have to explain for the 5th time, so Our Mr.Ignorance can understand?

  • Hello again, Kontra.


    I apologize if i was misunderstood, when i said that "Your topic is based on a wrong idea."
    I meant that it was generated from the wrong concept about Me taking over PCS awards. I like and agree with your idea.


    I am grateful that we have fixed some misunderstandings.
    I understand your concern. I like your list, my concern was that, handpicking is always suspicious. And that i don't want to be a part of it, in this case. Yeah, i am very concerned about Brazilians. They wont be favored on this. But we can work with that if they play ICC v10. I hope we can get something out of them. I'd leave communication with them to [mention]Paset[/mention]. But we can track their perfomances on iCC v10 and get a "best br player".


    I believe i must be on the list, i have tracked perfomances in the tournaments of the whole season, i only missed tracking WCT 2017.


    I completely stand with my words. If eXXaLTeD would win ICC v10, they would win the three 5v5 tournaments of the year. If a clan doesnt win best Clan of the year with such achievements, who wins it?


    Please understand, i was just creating motivation and hype, in my own methods :P


    About the rules, i know they are similar. That's the point. You judge me too harsh but i dont jugde you for understanding everything i try to say.
    I actually said that "those were the things iwas thinking during last week, ( which would be even before this post)



    Apart from that, most pcs staff is overloaded with things, so i think it might be very good to have you working on this...

  • Right, I apologize as well, for misunderstunding Paset words. Don't go harsh on him as well, He didn't tell me that You're gonna do it, He just said what You said to him and I implied the rest, which was the bad thing, but let's put that aside from everything for now.


    Good we cleared all the shit we had in this topic. Now let's wait for [mention]CoSmo[/mention] response, since he's responsible over awards to see if he wants to use it.

  • Let's address ourselves to the voters list. These are the features I personally want to see in a voter:


    1) Quantity (i.e. considerable amount of time spent being active in-game and on forums)
    2) Quality (i.e. clear mind)


    The problem is: there are only three people who have both of these features; these people are Milriko, Andrez, and united. All other users from the list Kontradmiral wrote lack something:

    Quote

    1) Andrez 2) Milriko 3) Lord 4) Paset 5) st0rm 6) skrillex 7) szoks 8) Kontradmiral 9) Noctis 10) Chrome or United 11) Pardon


    1) Lack quantity: me. I've only joined PCS few months back after Cosmo's invitation;
    2) Lack quality: Kontradmiral and st0rm. These are smart guys, but their temper clouds their judgement. There's a neat psychology fact which states that people under stress show their true character. We can consider their "stress situations" to be switch script discussion for st0rm and... hm, every time Andrez posts anything ( :mrgreen: ) for Kontradmiral. Now, in these situations both of these guys showed themselves as immature children, resorting to flame, swearing, and offending others – just like a child, when frustrated ("feeling annoyed and impatient because you are prevented from achieving something" as a dictionary tells us), resorts to crying. So would I want these guys to be the voters? No, because if their emotions are so easily swayed by frustration, their judgement also will.
    3) Who are these? (lord Paset skrillex szoks Noctis Pardon) Half of these just plays the game, half of these just posts on forums. Except for Paset, these people are not contributors.
    ========================


    I have no problem when admins alone have the authority to make such decisions. We, the users, elect them, therefore empower them to take responsibility.

  • [mention]chrome[/mention], I hope You're joking. Andrez hasn't played this game and has been inactive in the game for almost 8 to 10 months now. All his activity and knowledge comes from organisiting the tournaments and being actively involved with PCS threads. Exactly the same goes to united, He is a very nice and cool guy, but He isn't active in the game. I barely see him playing anywhere, He isn't taking part of any tournaments nor mixes.


    I'm sorry, but You're wrong on so many matters in your post chrome.
    If you're asking who's lord, paset, skrillex, szoks, noctis and pardon, It only shows me that You should be out of the list. Noctis is a PCS Moderator and your clan member, He is also extremely active in the game and I'm pretty sure has knowledge over the tournament situation. Skrillex is one of the most active player on the scene, taking part in every tournament, He's also active on the forum. Same goes to lord and paset. Only 2 guys which are not very active on forum are szoks and pardon, but they surely are a part of PCS community, taking part in every tournament. They also visit and read posts on PCS.


    About st0rm matter, the switch script, despite my long post, I actually tested it for over 2 hours on a storm server with some storm players. I know it's not a cheat, but I didn't deny it has advantages. I typed the result of my testing in a detailed post, which was completely ignored by everyone. St0rm was called out as an cheater and is the only victim of this, even if Quattro was the one to create it. Noone calls Quattro a cheater. He used it as well, all the time. Why? Because they're not a cheaters. I love how you approach everything with such sharp and cold mind, yet with full ignorance towards everything.
    You're also always judging everyone with your fancy words and lines from dictionaries, which probably, in some people's eyes look more convincing that it really is.
    I'm pretty sure that st0rm, destpie being treated completely unfair by the community, would vote fairly, because he has a knowledge about the pcs situation. A better than your vision Chrome, as it seems at least.


    About my matter. I don't care what you think about my behaviour. I type to Andrez and everyone in this community what I belive is right. I argue with Andrez, because He has a tendency to ignore posts and type to you same thing over and over. He's changing to better and You can notice it by the fact that We came to a right conclusion, fixing everything in 2-3 posts in this topic. I don't judge anyone by their shoutbox behaviour, I exaggerate there mostly for a reason, because if you don't create a mess, people do not notice anything in PCS. I voted in PCS awards 2 times and everytime I voted completely fair and I picked all my candidates based on tournament performances, not how they behave on the forum. I'm sad that You've already established your optinion over my fairness and ability to being reliable. I thought you're much more than that Chrome.


    Also I dont know what you mean, but noone's picking pcs managment, there are no poll around the pcs if we want a new admin, it is a decision solely for pcs admins which also werent picked by the community, but they come from a stright line from a people who founded this community which are calibre and gsg.

  • Chrome, I'm active in game and I'm active at the forum I am reading everything and I read all the essays made by Kontra and Andrez I'm just not replying because I don't care, but I mostly agree on this point with kontra there should be 20 selected players who vote for example me I can vote objectively based on their behavior, activity, skill, match organisation and tournaments

  • 10 voters who can be good, active, experienced in game and mature in forum. (without counting january-april period cuz whole pcs was inactive)
    in my mind, i say milriko :
    active in forum & in game, good player, exprienced and hosting all 5v5 tournaments.
    pardon :
    maybe he is new, but he got enough experience to vote, and good player, maybe the best players right now
    st0rm :
    i dont count this switch script, cuz for me, thats not a cheat. he was good in management,
    lord :
    he can be good voter (he is active as hell in mixes & played tournaments).
    admiral :
    can be good voter too, i dont really care about his behavior in shoutbox and flaming others. But he has good vision to the players, 24/7 in forum, pretty active in game and has good decisions. you can check last pcs awards it was fair awards.


    andréz cant be voter cuz he never join the servers or playing the game, the only thing he does is checking scores and updating the barcket, so his opinion will be unfair for some other players, thats my opinion.